Friday, January 29, 2021

"Turmoil" Comes Out On February 2, 2021

I wanted to let all of my fans know that my five song digital EP "Turmoil" will be coming out on February 2, 2021. I am going to go over all five songs on here in detail. 

Something Is Brewing In The World: The opening track has a slight early 1970's Pink Floyd groove. It is very laid back and very groovy. The mellotron strings, the clavinet, the Rhodes and the organ all come from the Nord Electro 3 Seventy-Three keyboard. I can't forget my Eleca bass which looks like an old Fender Jazz bass and my main guitar the Fender Stratocaster. This track will have you listen to it over and over again.

People Are Waking Up At Night With Fear: This track has a heavy hard rock feel with the crunchy rhythm guitar, bass, organ and the lead guitar on the track is out of this world. 

Escapism: This track sounds like it was recorded in the late 1960's. It has a very slight Traffic groove. I used my Ovation acoustic-electric on this one. All the other instruments are on there. There is a flanged echo wah wah guitar lead on there too. Just for the record all of the drum programming is done through my trusty recorded software Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks. Sometimes I use Rex 2 drum loops or the Instant Drummer sessions. 

The World Is Going Through Fire & Fury: This particular track comes across between heavy metal or hard rock from the 1970's. The lead organ along with the hard and heavy bass and the crunchy hard rock rhythm guitar. This one will keep you moving.  

The Impeachment: The final track has a groovalistic Stax styled soul groove with the mellotron sax and mellotron trumpet playing with each other. The clean rhythm guitar is out of this world on this one. The bass is locked in with the drum groove throughout the whole song.

Hope each and every one of you will check out "Turmoil" on February 2, 2021. Thank you all for the support. 



Sincerely, 

Robert Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Turmoil" Comes Out On February 2, 2021

I wanted to let all of my fans know that my five song digital EP "Turmoil" will be coming out on February 2, 2021. I am going to g...